Today we went through the topic sentence worksheet that was given out last week and improved our understanding of topic sentences.
- When writing a paragraph, the rest of the paragraph must support the topic sentence (supporting sentences)
- Following sentences after the topic sentence that does not support it are redundant/irrelevant and should not be added into your paragraph.
- We learned some transitional words such as: First of all, Furthermore, Moreover, Also, Finally
- Connotations can be used to express one's view/stand.
- Connotations can be negative and positive.
Homework: ILL, readings (all 9 of them) and do not forget to learn your spelling words!